September 22, 2011

Cropped Sweater Details

I thought I would share a little of my process from the Cropped Sweater.  The pattern came from Bergere de France Tricot Kid 512.  I decided to do a size 8 for Aevyn.  She'll be 7 this fall, so I wanted to make sure she would be able to wear it for a long time!


I used Deborah Norville Serenity yarn, and I loved it.  I will say that it unravels a bit, but that's only after frogging... multiple times.  Which I did!!!  I view it all as good practice, and the more you take out, the faster you become at it!

The pattern used two strands of their yarn on size 8 and 9 needles.  I only used one strand and after testing gauge, used size 10 and 11 needles.  


Here you can see one whole sleeve and the beginning of the body.  I love how it was worked across in one piece like this.  I actually took it back a few rows after this picture because I didn't think the body was right.  It seemed so short, so I added a few stitches to the moss pattern on each side (I think 6 or 8).  I'm sure it would have been fine otherwise, but I like that it adds a little more weight to the bottom half.  


The front and back are worked separately while the other half is on a stitch marker.  This forms the neck and then they join again for the rest of the body and other sleeve.  


The neck is picked up and knit in double rib, and then all that's left is to sew the sleeves and sides together.


Aevyn has already worn the sweater three times, and one of them was for picture day at school.  I am so happy that she loves it!  It makes each stitch worth the effort.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment