September 7, 2011

Off to School

My little boy started preschool this morning!



After being my sweet companion every day of the past 4 1/2 years, he is growing up!  Ok, I'm being a bit dramatic.  I got to stay today, and it's only 2 1/2 hours, 3 days a week.  But still!  Good thing we're having a new baby!  

He actually didn't want to start school for the longest time.  He told me he wanted ME to be his teacher.  Uhhh..... no.  But, superheroes fix everything!  Here is the backpack that made William sooo excited to start preschool!


I didn't like how all the bags in the stores had images of the heroes looking so intense and mean!  Since William hasn't actually seen any of the movies, he makes up the stories himself.  But he knows all the symbols, so that's what we wanted.  When you can't find what you want, make it!  

I printed out the logos, cut out certain areas, and then traced the image onto the backpack with a white pencil.  I thought the freezer paper would iron on for a nice stencil (note the white marks from where I tried this), but it didn't stick.  I used Tulip fabric paints and for an afternoon or two of work, it's pretty cool!  William got to watch the process and he's obsessed with his backpack.


Happy Preschool, little boy!


Yeah.... you.


No comments:

Post a Comment